Monday, March 11, 2013
Watercolor drip notebook cover
Well, I've filled up my last everyday notebook so it's time for another notebook cover. For this cover, I used a watercolor technique from Art class at Two Peas selecting colors to match this bright striped paper. I think the paper is from Jillibean Soup but I'd cut off the branding strip. There isn't much of it left at this point as I lined the inside cover with the stripe also.
The stamped and punched circles use the Quintessential Flower stamp from Stampin' Up! and several colors of cardstock. The words were cut using my SCAL software on the Cricut. I cut out a ampersand symbol and then sponged around it for the 'and.' I'd planned to put Washi behind the cut out words but that proved too busy and plain cardstock looked best.
This was the first time I'd wrapped a notebook cover in watercolor paper. Since it is heavier, I did score it with the scoreboard first. The process of fitting the paper around the holes is the same as this video I did a couple of years back. It is still by far my most popular video. I'm planning to do an update to it later in the year when we get close to back to school time. I'd like to add some ideas for decorating the covers and still keeping them flat.
Watch at YouTube
Thanks for visiting today!