I bet you do! You may dive into your stash frequently for your pages or it may have been languishing in bins or drawers for awhile.
Cardstock was, and still often is, the foundation of scrapbook pages. When I started scrapbooking, we often began pages with a cardstock background and we certainly matted every single photo with colorful cardstock to match. In the 90's to not mat a photo was like wearing a dress without pantyhose!
While times may have changed (thank goodness we can opt out on the pantyhose), I still mat some of my photos. And I often use cardstock for page backgrounds. What has changed though is that I do more with my cardstock by often giving it a bit more punch.
I am teaching a brand new class that helps you find new ways to use this inexpensive scrapbooking basic. It is called Creative Cardstock.
This class is about ways to use that stash of cardstock to its fullest potential.
Don't have a stash? Don't worry, cardstock is still available everywhere you can get scrapbooking supplies in all kinds of colors and textures.
This class also gives you the opportunity to exercise your other supplies. A wide variety of supplies are used so you can pick the techniques that fit your current stash. Some products are stamps, inks, a scoreboard, punches, gelatos, a sewing machine, distressing tool, die cutting systems, and embossing folders.
During this class you will learn how to
- Create custom backgrounds for themed pages.
- Use only cardstock and a paper trimmer to create the popular ombre technique - a great look for any page including masculine themed pages.
- Learn simple, quick ways to add texture and dimension or your cardstock for backgrounds, mats and borders.
- Create woodgrain mats from kraft cardstock.
- Cut and embellish frames using any simple shape from your die cutting machine or with a nested die or punches.
- Use embossed cardstock in a creative band to add interest to nature photos without overwhelming the subject.
- Create a custom collage background.
- Learn 7 ways to add pizzazz with tone-on-tone effects to your die cut lettering.
- Embellish simple die cut or punched shapes from dark cardstock with gelatos.
- Use cardstock to create unity across pages and to stretch out your supply of pattern paper.
The class is designed to use a wide variety of supplies and techniques. Not a stamper? No die cutting machine? Not to worry, there are plenty of techniques using all types of scrapbooking supplies.
Because the class shares complete page layouts, many other techniques not specific to using cardstock are shared in the videos and pdfs.
This self-paced class contains:
- 10 videos (7 - 30 minutes in length) that show you step by step how to use your cardstock on layouts for backgrounds, titles, mats, and embellishments - a total of 2 1/2 hours of video content!
- 10 PDF files including 10 page sketches. All layouts are brand new projects.
- A discussion board to share your questions, ideas and links to projects with other class participants.
The introductory price for this class is just $15 for all the lessons. More info on the class page
You can register by clicking on the Buy Now button on the right side of the screen.
I'm so excited to be offering an on-line class. I was a corporate trainer for many years so getting to teach others about my favorite hobby is the best opportunity imaginable for me. Doing YouTube videos and blog posts is such fun. I'm delighted to be able to go into more depth on a single topic in this class.
Here is a video
with more sneak peeks:
I hope you'll join me as we learn new ways to use an old favorite.