Unfortunately, these photos of my mother and I taken some time in my teens were not dated. Practically none of my old photographs have dates on them. So I needed to do a little detective work. It seems obvious that these were photos taken on Easter based on the flowers and that we were all dressed up for church. So I used the flowers and the weather to help me figure out which Easter it was.
I knew it had to be an early Easter because of the forsythia still in bloom in the background. It was fairly easy to find the dates for Easter with a simple search on the Internet. This help narrow it down to two or three possible years. Then I needed to know what the weather was like. Did you know that you can find the weather for any date back to the early 1970's in the Farmer’s Almanac online? Here is their website: Farmer's Almanac Weather
I finally settled on 1980 because it was clear weather, that Easter date was early enough and I was not yet wearing glasses which I had to get for my driver's license. I'm still not absolutely certain, but it's close.
For the page I’m using a lot of my older supplies and I gave the Cricut some exercise which was one of my New Year’s resolutions. I got the idea for the tone-on-tone white background from this great page over at Sue’s blog. I used the Storybook cartridge to cut the same image twice. One of the cuts is a flipped version of the other. I don't use white that much but I like how it turned out. The Cricut also helped me with my title and my flower. For the flour I cut out a couple of flower designs and used as templates for marking mulberry paper. That old mulberry paper makes a great flower.
I still have a few older photos to scrapbook and will probably need some dating tools. What did we do before the Internet to look just about anything up!
Thanks for visiting today!
Ingredients: DSP: DCWV; Ledger MME, Other papers from Stampin' Up! Sweet Pea pack
Brad: Fancy Pants
Chipboard: K and Company
Letters: Emerald Thickers by American Crafts