Wrapping up the month with one last challenge - this week's Starting Points from Shimelle. I flipped the sketch vertically and used the single rectangle to hold my title.
Most of the journaling is hidden under the title. A few years ago, making these quilts for Lutheran World Relief helped me work through a particularly challenging part of my life. Creating something useful for someone else was wonderful medicine. I've made quilts most other years since usually in the summer when business is slower. I wrote about the challenges and my feelings. The photos are from last summer.
Most of the quilts were made with decorator fabric. I had tons of stuff I'd bought for making samples for various events and extra fabrics from my own projects. Most customer fabric is returned to the customer. Sometimes there are odd size scraps that fit into the quilts. For the page's embellishment, I used some scraps of decorator fabric to represent the fabrics.
I decided on buttons rather than misting to fill in the empty corner and bring the eye to through the layout.
Thanks for stopping by! Hope you have a wonderful weekend.
Ingredients: DSP: grid paper from Peppermint Collection by Crate Paper; Prairee Hill by Pink Paislee
trim: Twill tape and pom pom fringe by Stampin' Up!