Following this week's video by Jennifer McGuire, I did two samples of inked backgrounds and then stamped and embossed trees on them. This smaller sample fit perfectly into Splitcoaststampers card sketch for the week.
Here's the second card. Project notes below...
- For both cards, I inked my acrylic block with Weathered Wood and Peeled Paint distress inks and then misted. I can not find my water mister! So I used Angel's glimmer mist instead for a nice effect.
- Then I pressed the block to watercolor paper and repeated as necessary to get enough ink coverage. I probably would not had to have repeated if I'd had just water. I then spread the ink with my fingers which caused a lot of staining - my fingers, not the paper. The paper looked very nice. Next time I think I would spread the ink with something other than my fingers!
- I let all this dry overnight since I wanted to do some embossing.
- The trees on the first card and the main tree on the second are stamped in Versamark and embossed in white. The shadowed trees are just stamped in Whisper White.
- To create the background for the first card, I stamped some images - script words and flourishes in Versamark and then inked the entire card in Weathered Wood.