You know that old game - Rock, Paper, Scissors? Scissors cut paper. True, but paper can defeat scissors. Just use a good pair of scissors on paper for awhile and then try to cut fabric with them. I couldn't find my fabric scissors when making the card below and using my paper scissors I had trouble even cutting that little bit of orange ribbon!
I normally have three pairs of scissors at hand in my craft space -
1. Stampin' Up!'s Paper trimmers (about $10) - fabulous for cutting paper.
2. Another small pair of scissors previously used for paper now used for cutting anything with glue on it and for lifting and placing glue dots and
3. a pair of fabric scissors. Never use your good fabric scissors (or even not so great ones) for paper. Paper dulls scissors. The real tip for the day is that you have to preach this to anyone who might "borrow" your scissors. Lenny knows that my many pairs of fabric scissors are absolutely off limits. For his convenience and mine, there are always some older non-fabric scissors lying around. I usually mark those with a "U" (Utility) on the handle with a Sharpie.
I make him think I want to take good care of my tools so they are always ready for me. That's true. But also, who wants to spend on replacement scissors when there is so much cool paper to buy? See there, paper trumps scissors once more...
This card was for my husband's birthday. We joke that he and our cat, Jasper, have perfect lives.
- The dimensions of the card unfolded are 12" wide by 4 1/2" high. I scored the sections every 3 inches for folding.
- When adding layers that go over a fold, do one section at a time folding as you go to prevent puckering.
- The rainbow of hearts was created with one heart stamp. I marked an arch with a pencil using my CM circle cutter as a template, then erased it after stamping.
- The little ribbon the cat's tail is covering a misplaced ink mark. It looks cute but I think Jasper would balk at the idea of a ribbon around his tail :-)
Ingredients: Stamps: Cats by Inkadinkado; heart is from Cheep Talk by SU!
Ink: Chesnut Roan and Amber Fluid Chalk inks; Basic Gray, Purely Pomegranite, Kiwi Kiss, Dusty Durango from SU!
DSP: Delight collection Fancy Pants
Post a Comment