After several false starts, here is my parent's Valentine's Day card at last. I made the flower Saturday night but thought it was too big and the wrong color for what I had in mind. I completely switched gears on Sunday and made a card that will not be on the blog or seeing the light of day again! One of those - great concept, then bad choices all the way through. So back to the flower and what to do with it...
- The flower is made from some discontinued sheer fabric. I plan to do a video on this type of flower once I've done a few more and have my steps down. So for now, let's just say that 'pinking shears' are a great tool to have.
- I hand cut the asymmetrical heart from watercolor paper and used Jennifer McGuire's technique for inking with watered down Ranger Distress inks. Then I stamped it with a flourish stamp in Dark Brown chalk ink. Finally I distressed the edges with Vintage Photo and just a touch of Walnut.
- The card base is stamped with a wheel stamp from Stampin' Up!
- The ribbon is some more inexpensive organza from the fabric department at Hobby Lobby.
I didn't work all day on cards yesterday. I spent most of the morning in the kitchen making our Valentine's dessert - a triple Chocolate pound cake! Yum! My hubby's Valentine card is one we did in Stamp Club this month with that new set from SU! that says "I would give up chocolate but I'm not quitter." Seems fitting.
Hope you have a very sweet day with those you love!
Ingredients: Stamps: Baroque Motifs from Stampin' Up!
Ink: Rose Coral and Dark Brown from Colorbox, Tattered Rose, Vintage Photo and Mahogony from Ranger
Cardstock: Blushing Bride
DSP for Envelope: MME