When Lenny visits his family, I always have this list of stuff I'm going to get done. Some of it chores, some fun things just for me. I even did a "Me Time" scrapbook page about the things I did the last time he went to see his children and his sister earlier this year.
This summer though things didn't quite go as planned. I developed some intense stress related pain in my neck and shoulders. Basically, it hurt to tilt my head down for several weeks among other things. Of course, I spent a lot of time trying to figure out what was wrong and how to deal with it. Thankfully, it is getting better. And I've learned a lot about posture, about the right way to sit, work, craft, read, even stand while I'm doing dishes. I'm trying meditation again. Did you know there are all these 'guided meditation' videos on YouTube? It's sort of like being in Yoga class without having to travel or bend yourself in funny positions. You get to skip to the relaxing part and it really does help.
During the two weeks he was away, I did do a few things on my list though more slowly than I planned and mananged to have some fun with friends. I made myself special treats in the kitchen though different ones than I planned. With my car in the shop part of the time - yeah, it was sick too - I couldn't go anywhere much and I noticed more pretty images out my own windows.
- All of the photos were printed with a brown background so I could trim them and they were self matted except for the large image of our stamp club.
- PLAN is chipboard painted yellow which came out too lemony so I went over with with sponged Crushed Curry ink - note: be very careful to make sure the paint is fully dry or don't double dip your sponge. You'll get paint on your ink pad - yuck! Last step was to brush the edges with some Vintage Photo from Ranger.
- The heart is inked in Stucco pigment ink from Colorbox.
- While the ingredient list below is long, the heavy lifter was Basic Grey's Indian Summer collection. I bought this just because it was pretty but I've lost track now of the number of layouts and cards I've used it one. Apparently I like orange, yellow and magenta more than I thought. Those little stickers that come with the kits often come in great for 'touch-up' embellishments to cover slight flaws in your design.
- The design in the lower right corner is a journaling card from Fancy pants that seemed to capture some of the experience.
Ingredients: Stamps: Office Accoutrement by Stampin' Up!
Ink: Dark Brown, Stucco by Colorbox; Vintage Photo by Ranger, Crushed Curry by SU!
DSP, brad and Stickers: Indian Summery by Basic Grey; So Sophie ledger by My Minds Eye
Journaling Card: Delight by Fancy Pants
Stickers: Basic Grey Euphoria, Marrakesh and Two Scoops; Mini Market Ledger by October Afternoon
Ribbon: Cosmo Cricket Honey Pie
Font: Bookman Old Style