I haven't done a color challenge in a long time. This one is from Splitcoaststampers.com (challenge CC239). Colors to use: White, Kraft, Mellow Moss.
Supplies for the card:
Stamps: Lovely as a Tree from SU!
Inks: White Craft, Mellow Moss, White Gel Pen (optional) - all from SU!
Paper: Kraft cardstock, Mellow Moss DSP from SU!
Ribbon: White organza from a fabric store
Tools: Sponge dauber, Stamp-a-ma-jig, embossing tool
- Cut Kraft to 8 1/2" x 5 1/2". Fold.
- Since I didn't have a greeting I wanted to use, I printed "Peace on Earth" on the cardstock from the English Vivace font my computer. Then I went over the text with a white gel pen - next week's TIPsy Tuesday will be about using your computer for text on cards.
- Stamp most prominent tree in Mellow Moss.
- Use stamping off to create remaining trees. I did 5 total including the main one. If you are using Mellow Moss craft ink, be sure to let it dry before step 6.
- Stamp a tree image on your imaging sheet of your Stamp-a-ma-jig.
- Using a sponge dauber, apply white craft ink to the edges and lightly to the center of your tree stamp.
- Use the Stamp-a-ma-jig to line up the image and stamp over the main mellow moss tree with white craft ink.
- Use the sponge dauber to create snow.
- Sprinkle with white embossing powder and emboss.
- Sponge just a little white ink onto the edges and center of your tree and stamp (again using the Stamp-a-ma-jig) over at least some of your remaining trees. Do not emboss.
- Glue on a strip of Mellow Moss DSP and attach ribbon.