One of the techniques for using Ranger distress inks is to press the ink pads directly on an acrylic block or a craft sheet and spritz with water. Then dip paper (I use watercolor paper) into the inks for a background. You can do this repeatedly on the same paper for more color.
Eventually, you need to wipe of the acrylic block or the craft sheet. I've been using a paper towel and I always notice what pretty color combos you get on the paper towel. I wondered if you could get similar results with fabric? So I tried wiping the ink off my craft sheet with a piece of plain muslin.
Here is my 'dyed' piece of muslin.
Before using it to make the flower below, I stamped the flourish in Vintage Photo.
And you get a really interesting fabric to make a flower or other embellishment.
I did find that I still needed a paper towel to get the surface completely dry.
The remainder of the card was inspired by a tag Tim Holtz made for 2 P's month of cardmaking and stamping. I layered a lot of different stamps and mostly used distress inks for a soft, worn look.
Thanks for visiting today, Happy Tuesday!
Ingredients: Stamps: God's Beauty, Baroque Motifs by Stampin' Up!; Line dots by Hero Arts
Ink: Vintage Photo, Tea Dye, Concord Crush, Weathered Wood, from Ranger
Cardstock: Plum Pudding by PTI
Brad: Vintage from Stampin' Up!
What a perfect idea. I love that you don't waste any ink either. So cool.ReplyDelete
this is such a pretty card lisa-great technique-and I love the fabric flowerReplyDelete
Lisa! This is beautiful. What a fabulous technique. The flower is awesome.ReplyDelete