I'll be honest. I really don't like this card. The Splitcoaststampers color challenge was to use Regal Rose, Old Olive and the new Peach Parfait. Regal Rose has never been a favorite. Also, I'm working without a dedicated craft space. I have stuff in my bedroom, stuff in the guest room (my craft space), and I'm trying to work on a desk without sufficient light. Yet, I wanted to try to do some cards downstairs while we had a guest to see if I could come up with a way to do crafts in our living room when I had a few spare minutes rather than having to run upstairs each time.
Here's what I learned from this card:
- Peach Parfait is a little darker than Apricot Appeal (the cardstock I used here). However, Colorbox has an ink color that is very, very close - Amber Clay. I have some of Peach cardstock on order from SU! but I'll probably just use my colorbox queue ink for now. I don't see this one becoming a favorite anyway.
- Stamp sets can be classics or be dated just like any other designed item. This set called Funky Favorites is one I bought off E-bay when I first started stamping. While I like the idea of the images - a watering can, a topiary tree, a chair - the artistic style is dated. I would have been better to apply that money to something current or more classic.
- I can not use my personal antique desk as a stamping space. The light isn't good enough and there isn't room to house a good desk lamp or a decent cutter.
- Don't use Craft ink with fine line images like these words. I knew better on that one already.
- If I work downstairs, I have to invest in a second good paper cutter. The Fiskers portable paper cutter is awful.
On a positive note, I finished cropping and touching up the Hilton Head photos. A set is enroute to Jaime via Walmart's photo processing. They have free shipping on home delivery of photos through the end of this month!
Ingredients: Stamps: Funky Favorites by SU!, greetings from Inkadinkado
Ink: Regal Rose craft, Old Olive, Pumpkin Patch queue by Colorbox
Cardstock: Old Olive, Apricot Appeal, Whisper White
DSP: Regal Rose
Ribbon: Old Olive taffeta by SU!