The new Stampin' Up! catalog will be available this week! (I'll post a link as soon as it is available on-line.) I received mine as part of a demonstrator order earlier in the month. One of the things I really like about the new catalog are the projects. The nearly 200 page catalog is full of great project ideas as usual. In this catalog I thought the projects were particularly applicable to cards and gifts that I would like to make. One of the projects showed stamping with Watercolor Crayons on twill tape. I didn't have wide enough twill tape to do what I wanted so I figured it would work on fabric, too - and that is something I have tons of!
I cut these fabrics out of discontinued fabric sample books and washed them out to get the finish off. It may have worked without washing (something I'll have to try next.) Anyway, the light part of the flowers on the card here on the right was stamped by coloring the image using a pale plum watercolor crayon, misting the fabric, and then stamping. The words and the outer edges of the flowers were stamped with craft ink onto the fabric.
You can use classic ink, too. The card on top was stamped with Kiwi Kiss and Ruby Red in classic. I love this card; you really can't get a feel for the texture here on the screen. Now here is an idea for some savvy computer company - give us screen where we can 'feel' and 'smell' - Ok, maybe that is going a bit far.
Well, my cat just climbed onto my lap and is trapping my arms so that is my queue to stop this rambling. Until tomorrow, Tipsy Tuesday....
Ingredients: card on top Stamps: Kindred Spirits and Baroque Motifs
Ribbon from unknown source
Chipboard from ---
Gemstone brads from Oriental Trading
card at right: Stamps All Holidays and from Stampin' Up!
Metal embellishment from unknown source